We are all facing unprecedented challenges with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The safety and well-being of our employees and customers is always a priority for Knox Horticulture.
In response to the evolving global COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking the following steps based on recommendations from local, state and federal health officials:
- Maintain Social Distancing – we have added addition break times to reduce gathering sizes
- Request employees to stay home when sick
- Encourage proper sanitation protocols
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Use alcohol-based sanitizer when soap is unavailable
- Avoid ALL direct physical contact
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover coughs or sneezes with tissue and properly dispose of used tissue
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces
- NEW customer pickup procedures for Finished Plants:
- Direct dial 352-658-KNOX(5669) to place your order before arriving at the nursery – have all purchase information ready (purchase orders, credit-card info, etc.) at time of call
- We will process your order
- You will be asked to wait in your vehicle at the Finished Plant loading area
- The Knox Horticulture team will load your vehicle and acknowledge when order is complete
- No signatures required on deliveries – our team will sign all Proof of Deliveries, Shippers and Invoices
- We are offering employees 24/7 access to a Wellness Plan through Prixus Medical, including access to a doctor online via telemedicine services
As noted, Knox Horticulture is taking extensive steps to keep or workforce and our customers safe. The Department of Homeland Security has designated agriculture as critical infrastructure and we will continue to operate with the guidance of local, state and federal officials.
You can also find additional information about the COVID-19 response in Florida at the Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Response site.
Thank you for being such a valued customer as we navigate this time together. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone as we deal with the impacts together.